Friday, January 29, 2010

Warm soup and bread... my lifeblood

Not a whole lot has happened in the last couple days. It's been COLD (highs of -5℉ and blowing snow) so I've mostly just been getting to school as fast as I can in the morning, then getting home as fast as I can in the afternoon. I tried to go thrift store shopping the other day, but it was so cold we literally could only walk a few blocks before ducking into the nearest shop and attempting to get feeling back into your nose. But I did pick up a new jigsaw puzzle.

Pinky is coming to visit me during my spring break, and we had been planning to go to Russia during that time. But it turns out that a Russian Visa is one of the most difficult (not to mention scary) things to acquire in the known universe. And it's completely impossible to get one if you're a US citizen residing in a third-party country (which I am). Since Russia was out of the question, we went with the obvious second choice: Turkey. So our Epic Adventure now includes Estonia and Turkey (considering they're so close together and all)

View The Modern Odyssey in a larger map
We're still trying to come up with a good name for the trip. Something along the lines of: Baltic/Balkan Modern Odyssey, or From Sea to Shining Sea (Black to Baltic), or Епично приключение. The details are still being worked out.
And it turns out I'm getting two Russian suitemates next week. So it's kind of like I'm going to Russia anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment